Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV signal handling
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 1997 19:08:21 -0500 (EST)

Wayne Buttles <address@hidden> wrote:
>On Mon, 17 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:
>
>>      Perhaps the Lynx User Community should figure out who or what
>> group of people aren't too busy doing other things, so that recommendations
>> and/or patches posted here aren't just falling into a black hole (but
>> that just a recommendation 8-).
>>
>>                              Fote
>
>I would like to be a little more active in the Lynx development area...at
>least to fix up the file handling in the Win95 port a bit and hopefully
>make the lookups and connects non-blocking.  Maybe once the current issues
>are worked out I could be helping in more general areas.

        This is just another recommendation from a bystander, but it
seems to me that getting the port(s) to PC environments fully integrated
into the v2.7 code set and thereafter treated as an integral component
is important to do ASAP.  The number of people with Internet-connected
PCs is increasing exponentially, and though it may be hard for some to
imagine, many people find Unix, and even VMS, arcane.  They also could
be waiting a long time for Netscape and Microsoft to come through with
"Lite" browsers, but Lynx is already that for Unix and VMS, and could
be for MS Windows as well once the port(s) is(are) fully integrated.

                                Fote
-- -- --
-- --