Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx -auth=id:passwd question

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx -auth=id:passwd question
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 12:53:13 -0700

OK, if you want to run lynx without the command line being visible to ps,
I suppose the easiest is a simple shell script. Something like this:

$cat >do_lynx
lynx -auth=id:pw http://some.site.here/
^D
$sh<do_lynx

or some minor variation of this. Of course, files are still not very secure,
but if you feel ok about having your login and passwd in the file, it should
work. You might have to play with it just a bit.

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,