Re: LYNX-DEV DownLoading in background

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV DownLoading in background
Date: Wed, 19 Feb 1997 16:20:42 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 18 Feb 1997 address@hidden wrote:

>   Is it possible to download a document in background using lynx ?
>
>   If not, could you please add this feature in the next version
>   of lynx .
>
>   I have to download some documents which are very large. I cannot
>   just sit in front of my computer for hours for waiting them to
>   be downloaded.
>
>   So if you can suggest some alternative way of doing it, I'll be
>   really very grateful to you.

Use screen. While Lynx is downlaoding the file you open a new window and do
whatever you have to do. If you don't have anything to do, detach the
session, logout and come back later. That is how I compile lynx. While I'm
writing this, lynx is being compiled, with Foteos's patch, in another
window.

Ismael