Re: LYNX-DEV Typo in 2-7?

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Typo in 2-7?
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:35:19 +0900 (JST)

> requirement for building lynx gets much greater, my meager
> 10 meg account isn't going to be up to it.  If there are any

I know the feeling.

> hints for limiting the size of the footprint (any rm-able
> VMS-specific .c/.h files, if I'm building on unix, eg),

For people who update often, just put in your installation script:
        rm -rf utils docs samples test
        rm CHANGES2* *.announce
        tar cf - lynx_help >> lynx_help.tar
        tar cf - about_lynx >> about_lynx.tar
        gzip CHANGES lynx.cfg INSTALLATION lynx_help.tar about_lynx.tar
Sometimes it can make the difference (but heaven forbid, don't tell
Fote I told you to do that :-).

__Henry
;
;