Re: LYNX-DEV FONT color tagging

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV FONT color tagging
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 06:15:01 -0500 (EST)

> > How is your color support different than the slang color support currently
> > shipping, or the color and style sheets that are sort of available now via
> > patches or the ncurses color support for lynx 2.7 announced this past
> > week?      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I wouldn't have phrased it as "support", but as a patch which balances
the color support by slang for *NIX platforms.  (It's not ncurses-specific,
however - it should work properly for SVr4 curses, e.g., Solaris, IRIX).

> I thought the color ncurses was still just a patch and SLang was the only
> way to get color.  It would have been nice to have color in the first
> Win32 version, but SLang wouldn't compile and I wanted a pure 2.7.
it'd be interesting to get ncurses to build on Win32, but I don't know that
anyone's tried.

However, my impression of this discussion is that the Win32 support is being
done in a relative vacuum -- I'd recommend making it integrate with one or
the other of the existing or (RP's) proposed scheme.  I think that's Larry's
point as well.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden