Re: LYNX-DEV Public assess to Lynx 2.3 BETA and "go anywhere" URLs?

From: DR. JUAN-CARLOS LERMAN
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Public assess to Lynx 2.3 BETA and "go anywhere" URLs?
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 01:09:56 -0700 (MST)

>"David W. Morgan" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>Liberty Net at philadelphia.libertynet.org has recently disabled its
>>"g" command in Lynx 2.3 BETA.
>>
>>This was the best way for somebody using Lynx 2.5 or Lynx 2.6 to
>>get a free home page on GeoCities at http://www.geocities.com/
>>
>>The folks at GeoCities write invalid HTML, and you get the "Bad HTML-
>>no form action defined" message whenever you try to apply for a home
>>page or even change your password with 2.5 or 2.6.  I THINK 2.4
>>will work, but not anything newer.
>>
>>I have asked the Hawaii State Public Library to upgrade to Lynx 2.7,
>>so if they ever do, the only accessible Lynx 2.4 that I know about will
>>be gone too.
>>
>>BTW, I have been trying for a year to get GeoCities to fix their forms,
>>without success.  They created everything with Netscape in mind, and
>>that is all they care about.
>>
>>If anyone knows where to find Lynx 2.37 BETA that does not require an
>>account, please let me know.  Downloading is not an option for people
>>on library terminals.
>
>       I'm not certain I've grasped what you're asking, but you can

He means that he can't download code, a general case with freenets and
other public access sites as, e.g., public and university libraries. Then
he means to ask which of the public access systems are running older
versions of Lynx. It would be convenient to indicate (on the Lynx page
where links are given to the several known public Lynxes) which version
of Lynx being run at each one of those systems.

address@hidden