LYNX-DEV converting Pine addressbook to html

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: LYNX-DEV converting Pine addressbook to html
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 06:09:32 -0500 (EST)

Now that Lynx has more bookmark files and some more email flexibility,
I decided to have my "e" bookmark be a page for mailing addresses.
Here's a little script I threw (up) for reading the standard Pine
addressbook and putting into a quick html page for Lynx to use:

--cut--
#!/bin/sh
# pine2lynx - read pine address book, write lynx "e" bookmark page
echo "<ul>" >e.html
/opt/gnu/bin/gawk \
  --field-separator='\t' \
  <${HOME}/.addressbook \
  | sort -f +2 >>e.html
echo "</ul>" >>e.html
--cut--

Note that my gawk is in a non-standard place.  I'm not sure how to tell
"old" awk to only use tabs as field separators.

------

;
;