LYNX-DEV differences in 2.7

From: Mark Westergaard
Subject: LYNX-DEV differences in 2.7
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 09:08:19 -0700 (MST)

We noticed two differences between 2.6 and 2.7.  We run AIX 4.1 and 4.2.
I didn't see any discussion of these yet, but the first may have been
covered in the discussion of bookmarks.

Several of our folks reported that they couldn't open their bookmarks
file.  I found that they had specified a full path instead of a
relative path, which seems to be okay in 2.6:

        bookmark_file=/home/username/lynx_bookmarks.html

We also had reports of problems with links that used to work.  It turns
out the URLs had spaces in them.  For example, one of the reported pages
uses anchors like:

        <a name="part 1">...

2.6 shows the link as "...#part 1" and 2.7 shows it as "...#part1".

2.7 has been a big plus for us -- especially the cookie support.

-- Mark Westergaard, U. of Arizona

;
;