Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 14:47:05 -0500 (EST)

Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>Using the Feb15 release of 2-7, if I try to download a patch from HP's
>patch archive, everything works fine until I get the "Save to disk
>message". Then when I hit enter Lynx crashes with a Sig 11 IOT fault.
>The file being downloaded was indicated as binary/html during the
>download.
>
>I seem to remember that this occurred a while back, and was fixed..can
>someone remind me if that was so, please.

        Perhaps you should post a starting URL and an explicit sequence
of choices, so that others might attempt to reproduce the problem.  If
you do, and it can't be reproduced, perhaps it is another sign of less
optimum definitions and switches for the snake targets, or you need
to get the HP patches described in the PROBLEMS files by some means
other than with Lynx, apply them to your system, and rebuild Lynx,
before using Lynx to access HP's patch archive.

                                Fote