Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7

From: Roger Hill
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:48:14 +0400 (GMT-4)

> >someone remind me if that was so, please.
>
>       Perhaps you should post a starting URL and an explicit sequence
> of choices, so that others might attempt to reproduce the problem.  If
------------------
OK here we go:
start with http://us.external.hp.com/
Select "Patch browsing and downloading" (Down about a page and a half)
Select "retrieve a specific patch"
Fill in the form with: PHCO_7461, select retrieve binary, select retrieve.
When prompted to download or cancel, type "d"

(The download is about 67K)
At save to disk press enter, then enter again. This is where I crash.
I also crashed with another patch number.

> you do, and it can't be reproduced, perhaps it is another sign of less
> optimum definitions and switches for the snake targets, or you need

I should have been more explicit, sorry. I am downloading HP patches via
Lynx 2-7 on my Linux 2.0.28 laptop. This is not a snake problem.

I must add: if I go through HP's new passworded service, I can download
the same patch just fine.