Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7

From: Foteos Macrides
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Downloads crashing Lynx2-7
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 21:53:45 -0500 (EST)

Roger Hill <address@hidden> wrote:
>> >someone remind me if that was so, please.
>>
>>      Perhaps you should post a starting URL and an explicit sequence
>> of choices, so that others might attempt to reproduce the problem.  If
>------------------
>OK here we go:
>start with http://us.external.hp.com/
>Select "Patch browsing and downloading" (Down about a page and a half)
>Select "retrieve a specific patch"
>Fill in the form with: PHCO_7461, select retrieve binary, select retrieve.
>When prompted to download or cancel, type "d"
>
>(The download is about 67K)
>At save to disk press enter, then enter again. This is where I crash.
>I also crashed with another patch number.
>------------------
>
>> you do, and it can't be reproduced, perhaps it is another sign of less
>> optimum definitions and switches for the snake targets, or you need
>>
>I should have been more explicit, sorry. I am downloading HP patches via
>Lynx 2-7 on my Linux 2.0.28 laptop. This is not a snake problem.
>
>I must add: if I go through HP's new passworded service, I can download
>the same patch just fine.

        OK, that helped a lot.  I reproduced the problem on Scott's
machine for the solaris2 target, and fixed it (should be fixed for all
flavors), but am still thinking about what to do with the fix.  I'll
decide tomorrow.

        It was a memory management glitch, so whether, and when, it caused
a crash depended on the history.

                                Fote