Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c

From: Ismael Cordeiro
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 10:42:51 -0500 (EST)

Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:

> >Unfortunately it didn't solve the main problem with the bookmarks, which
> >is removing a link when the bookmarks file is also the startfile.

> I do not have the problem you describe with the patched LYMainLoop.c. Note
> that the effort to determine whether the startfile is a bookmark file not
> accessed by a bookmark file accessing command depends on the TITLE having
> been left as that defined by BOOKMARK_TITLE,

That's the point! Since I first began using Lynx I changed the title in my
bookmarks file to "Bookmarks" and it always worked until a certain point of
Lynx2-6FM. Now I changed the title from "Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks file", how
BOOKMARK_TITLE is defined in LYBookmark.h, and it works as supposed. If that
behaviour of checking the bookmarks file by its title is kept in Lynx, users
should be warned to never change the title of the bookmarks file.

> Having a TITLE corresponding to BOOKMARK_TITLE is not, itself, sufficient,
> to have the file treated as a bookmark file, and the TITLE is checked
> *only* for the startfile (followed by the path and bookmark file array
> validation procedure).

Why couldn't we use DEFAULT_BOOKMARK_FILE instead of BOOKMARK_TITLE for
checking that the file is a bookmarks file?

Ismael