Re: LYNX-DEV Download & error 401 (OOPS- 404)

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Download & error 401 (OOPS- 404)
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 11:43:34 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Foteos Macrides wrote:

> Tom Zerucha <address@hidden> wrote:
> >If I say D for download, and get a 401 - not found error, it still asks
> >where I want to save the file.
>
>       What code are you using?  A 401 is not authorized, and Lynx
> will prompt you for another username/password, at which point you
> can cancel.  Other 4xx errors have bodies you should be able to

404, not found is the error, but...

If I select the link normally, I get the error on the page with the full
display. If I do a D for download, I see the error in yellow at the
bottom, then it says content-type text/html, then goes to the download
save screen.  Since it was a pdf file, I didn't want to display it.

It also happens with 401 errors if I don't have a valid user/pass.

Since we have a fast internet link, it is very hard to tell if small files
were received, or if the save will simply create a zero byte file.

http://inept.scubed.com:8001/tax/fed/1994/fed.html

(I think they removed the 1994 forms without removing the link)

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;
;