Re: LYNX-DEV warning: applets flying about

From: Tom Zerucha
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV warning: applets flying about
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 1997 13:09:01 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 21 Feb 1997, Bela Lubkin wrote:

> I am fighting a losing battle with the docs people at SCO.  They're
> designing the documentation for the next major release with bazillions
> of frames, JavaScript everywhere, tables, frames, more frames, and did I
> mention frames?
>
> All this to obfuscate what started out as perfectly good text
> documentation.
>
> Anyway, they're using lots of JavaScript for lots of non-graphical
> purposes.  The new doc set would therefore be marginally less unreadable
> [now there's a worthwhile goal...] if Lynx supported JavaScript.

So, if I can't get the X server and network configured properly, all I
have to do is run Netscape in a Xvfb and run a print-screen-to-xbm and lpr
it - oops that won't come up either...

I assume they charge $$$ for tech support calls?

Download a set of Linux HTML manpages and hope SCO isn't too different :).

address@hidden
finger address@hidden for PGP key

;
;