Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Update patch for the v2.7 LYMainLoop.c
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 08:49:43 -0500 (EST)

  Ismael Cordeiro <address@hidden> wrote:

  >That's the point! Since I first began using Lynx I changed the title in my
  >bookmarks file to "Bookmarks" and it always worked until a certain point of
  >Lynx2-6FM. Now I changed the title from "Bookmarks" to "Bookmarks file", how
  >BOOKMARK_TITLE is defined in LYBookmark.h, and it works as supposed. If that
  >behaviour of checking the bookmarks file by its title is kept in Lynx, users
  >should be warned to never change the title of the bookmarks file.

  Foteos Macrides wrote:

        I'm certain, Ismael, that if you took three deep breaths to
  snap out of "whining to lynx-dev" mode, you could actually figure that
  out yourself [...]

Al Gilman opines...

Attaching gotchas on the TITLE tag is a highly effective booby
trap.  It's going to trap lots of users.  Ismael did us the
courtesy of warning us of this.  Calling him a booby for doing
this is not exactly appropriate.

--
Al Gilman
;