Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Download problems

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 2.6 Download problems
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 12:45:57 -0500 (EST)

On 24 Feb 1997, Sara Bradley wrote:

>     I am unable to download via Lynx to my local drive if I am using
> Rsh shell.  Everything looks as if it is working when I save to disk -
> no error messages, however, the downloaded file is no where to be
> found!
>     If I use any other shell (ksh) the download works fine.
>
>     Any clues as to what might be the problem with Rsh users and Lynx
> 2.6?

I am unclear on two points.  Did it work before Lynx2.6?  Also, are you
running Lynx on the same computer you are downloading to or are you using
a terminal emulator and some sort of file transfer (like xmodem)?

For a direct download to the computer running Lynx, Lynx uses the cp
command to put a copy of the temp file into the requested place.

Wayne

;
;