Re: LYNX-DEV Thank You to Fote

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Thank You to Fote
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:11:16 -0700

Fote,

As Tom said, do sit back and take a well deserved rest from Lynx. You should
know that we'll welcome you back if you wish, once you're rested, but do feel
free to bow out.

One thing Tom said is not quite correct. Let me add to his thanks my own, and
let me remind you of the hundreds of entries in the lynxbook pages. Most of
these are directly or indirectly addressed to you in particular. Your work
has enhanced the lives of many thousands of people around the world, and
you could go the rest of your life without contributing to Lynx again and
still know that you have made a great difference.

Even though you will not be participating in the leadership of Lynx development,
any contributions you may have (bug fixes, ideas, even new features if you
just feel an urge to hack lynx one day) will be gladly accepted. I will leave
you with the use of the account on SLCC for whatever recreational lynx use
you might want to make of it. Feel free to continue to maintain the fote
directory, or to ask me to take on that task, as you see fit.

Scott

PS Those who have not take the opertunity to do so, but would like to, please
stop by

  http://www.slcc.edu/lynx-book.html

and add your words of thanks for Fote's work to those of hundreds of others
who have expressed their gratitude.

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,