Re: LYNX-DEV External filters (was: converting Pine addressbook

From: Eli's redistribution point
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV External filters (was: converting Pine addressbook
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 97 21:37 EST

> 2/ The main problem is when and how to decide and control *when* to
> call this.  It probably doesn't make sence to pipe every piece of
> text/html through such an external program - much too much overhead.
> But there is no external indication when a document needs to be piped
> through this for e.g. table rendering.  So it must be under user
> control.  Which means adding new command line flags, Options, keystroke

You know, this really sounds like a job for a lynxcgi in a bookmark
file. No need to add new code to lynx, just write a new perl script
for each thing you want to add. No need for using an entire bookmark
file for it either, it could just be one of many lynxcgi's in book-
mark file L, for instance.

Elijah
------
please do not CC me when replying to the list

;
;