Re: LYNX-DEV Informational message in Lynx 2.7 build with DEC C V5.3 on

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Informational message in Lynx 2.7 build with DEC C V5.3 on OpenVMS VAX
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 12:17:24 -0500

"Brian Tillman, x8425" <address@hidden> wrote:
> OpenVMS VAX V6.2 system using the SOCKETSHR option.  I received one
> informational message:
>
> $ cc LYCurses
>                     signal(sig, func);
>         ............^
> %CC-I-IMPLICITFUNC, In this statement, the identifier "signal" is implicitly
>  declared as a function.
>                 At line number 774 in
> SCRATCH_DISK:[TILLMAN.LYNX2-7.SRC]LYCURSES
> .C;1.
>
> Is there some way to alter the C code to eliminate this?  (Not that it really
> matters, I understand, since it's an informational message.)

There might be.  The way I normally take care of these type of things
is to discover what header file is required for a function and make sure
it is included.

On a Unix system, one would do an
#include <signal.h>

to resolve this symbol.

However, this appears to be done properly in this particular source code
module.  If you can locate the signal.h header on your system, check it to
see if there is something peculiar keeping the declaration for signal()
from being generated.
;