Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Jason Baker
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 19:55:50 -0800

On Feb 25, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Scott McGee (Personal) wrote:
> > Wayne,
> > In my opinion, these are some of the goals we should have for Lynx 3.0:
> > Win32 fully integrated
>   = 2.7.3
> > Rob's color/style mods fully integrated
>   = 2.7.2
> > auto configure stuff done
>   = 2.7.1
>
> And:
>
> 2.8 = A collective set of language translation files.
>
> 2.9 = Table viewing.

Agreed!  The jump from 2.x to 3.0 is inherently a large one, and
just about /demands/ table handling of the "expected" sort.  Otherwise
we might as well just roll out 2.10, in my opinion.

> The future (3.0):
>
> A sideways-scrolling feature like the editor "elvis" has to view
> those large tables like a spreadsheet.  You know, like VisiCalc
> on the Apple ][ 15 years ago...

Phew... and I thought playing Gauntlet on my Pentium with the Universal
Gauntlet Emulator was reminiscing. :)

--
 address@hidden                         |   PGP key available
 Systems Administrator, Information Systems         |   from MIT keyserver.

    print unpack("u","92G5S\=\"!A;F]T:&5R(\'!E<FP\@:&%C:V5R\"address@hidden");