Re: LYNX-DEV refreshing lynx.

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV refreshing lynx.
Date: Tue, 25 Feb 1997 23:16:21 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, root wrote:

> Rederiction differs from client-pull animation in a vital way:  with
> client-pull the user can see the first page first.  For a good use of
> refresh that you couldn't do with redierection, look at
> <http://zero.genx.net/stats.html>. (While your there, join the fun).

Which, according to Fote is precisely the way that it was implemented as
it was: to give users (especially blind users) the ability to read the
screen before following the refresh link.  I agree that it might be a
handy option on a user-by-user configuration basis to allow autorefresh to
work.  The options page still needs work to get all of these proposed user
options in there. :)