Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 05:52:42 -0500 (EST)

> Right, I'd also heard that he now had made headway toward independence
> from ncurses as well.  I know that HP-UX's curses supports color in some
> shape form or fashion.
some form.  I've asked, but no one seems to know exactly _what_ standard
HP-UX's curses supports. (The 9.x version is a corrupt version of SVr3;
I'm guessing that 10.x is likewise a mangled version of SVr4, which would
make it more/less compatible with ncurses).

> Didn't someone say that ncurses wouldn't compile under DOS/Win?  Is that
> being looked into?  I have Borland C++ 3.0 for DOS, but not gcc for DOS.
It may _compile_, but afaik the termio stuff has not been ported, and it's using
rather long filenames.  If I had time (I wish), I'd build it on OS/2 with EMX.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden