Re: LYNX-DEV Win32/386 Lynx

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Win32/386 Lynx
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 16:16:05 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 26 Feb 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> All of my source work up to now is at:
>
> http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/source/
>
> It is lynx2-7 with Win32, DJGPP and FM bugfixes.  There is also an extra
> zip each for the two ports that contains other libraries needed to
> compile.
>
> I hope I did everything right.  I am still real new at cleaning up my work
> to distribute to others.  Touching all these files with DOS/Win tools
> just makes it worse!  It compiled fine on my Linux box.

The snake (and snake2) targets build fine, but snake3 won't build.  I just
tried the standard source, though, and it also refuses to build for
different reasons.  Your problems appear in the first file, and are as
follows:

        cc -c -o ../../Library/snake/HTParse.o -O -DDEBUG -Ae
-DDIRED_SUPPORT -DLONG_LIST   -I../../Library/Implementation/
-DXMOSAIC_HACK -DACCESS_AUTH  ../../Library/Implementation/HTParse.c
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 5: error 4034: Bad syntax for #include directive.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 6: error 4034: Bad syntax for #include directive.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 7: error 4034: Bad syntax for #include directive.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 9: error 4034: Bad syntax for #include directive.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 89: error 4024: Bad syntax for #ifdef.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 91: warning 2010: Extra characters on #endif.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 143: error 4024: Bad syntax for #ifdef.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 154: warning 2010: Extra characters on #endif.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 267: error 4024: Bad syntax for #ifdef.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 326: warning 2010: Extra characters on #endif.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 469: error 4024: Bad syntax for #ifdef.
cpp: "HTParse.c", line 477: warning 2010: Extra characters on #endif.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.
*** Error exit code 1

Stop.

The standard source problem seems to be related to the dirent structures
in HTFile.c.  For some reason or another that is not apparent to me
through all of the spaghetti ifdef'ing in tcp.h, <dirent.h> is not being
included.  I'll try to track it down as time permits, and post a patch.
Well, adding #include <dirent.h> to the beginning of HTFile.c does indeed
produce a working binary.  Apparently 2.7 fixed the problems with
text/html; q=0.000, cause I've tried 2.7 compiled on the problem machine
here with all of the snake targets.  Anyway, I'm gonna go track this thing
down... :)