Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0

From: Benjamin C. W. Sittler
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 08:17:28 -0700 (MST)

On Thu, 27 Feb 1997, Larry W. Virden, x2487 wrote:
[snip]
> P.S.  I find it so interesting that the current participants are so
> anxious to add all this code, whenlast years folk were concerned about
> the huge size of lynx.  It surely would be nice if somehow the two
> groups could be reconciled and lynx turned into a suite of programs
> rather than a monolitic one.

This has already happened with a DOS version of Lynx put together by
Wayne. It's called Bobcat, and allows the use of external programs to
handle various URL schemes which it can't do (or can't do very well)
internally. Perhaps someday this could be put into Lynx proper, with the
option to build each URL scheme in the main binary or externally,
selectable at compile time.

;
;