Re: LYNX-DEV bg - fg = ok

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV bg - fg = ok
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 12:02:43 -0800

>I then TRIED to reply (and screwed up) "please tell us
>the REASON for ^Z killing (not csh-"stopping" (temp))
>work via the net -- once we UNDERSTAND it, maybe we
>will quiet down about ^Z + bg + (later) fg.

Why don't you just use the "screen" command?  Even though that isn't the
"right" answer so to speak, it was the answer I was given when I asked why
we couldn't background trn... (when it goes on whining about invalid
newsgroups or takes forever to open a group... actually, 4.0 fixes both of
those problems as far as I can tell.)

I'm now using screen fairly regularly. (at least at work..  It doesn't seem
to work right at home on my GS.. I would expect something running under
screen to be *slower* than it running straight under a shell because screen
is doing extra work..  Yet the display gets all screwed up very often under
screen..  I should try connecting at 2400 bps or something to make SURE it
isn't a speed problem..)

--
address@hidden

;