Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:19:36 +0900 (JST)

> get too caught up in work for days at a time to get to "hobby" stuff
[...]
> Henry, do you want to do this since Al has nominated you?

I didn't jump at it for the same reason as you.  But more than that,
Andrew is a proven contributor of code and obviously `knows his stuff'.
It certainly would be to lynx-dev's advantage to have someone like him
take it on.

I'll do it, but as a last resort.  (Anyway, who knows when I'll get my
server going again.  Got my shared libraries patched, but I can't seem
to integrate the new BIND functions.  It's going to take some time.)

> Wayne, if you are ready for lynx 2.7-dev_a, and you want, I can
> host a copy here for both HTTP and FTP download. Just point me
> at a full fileset (.zip, .tar.Z, .tar.gz, .lhz, whatever) and tell
> me to go for it, and I'll set it up here. Then when whoever goes

Developers, I hope you'll take up Scott's generous offer.  I've tried
about 5 times to get Wayne's zip, the best I got was about 650KBs
(usually it dies around 19000).  I've had pretty good success with
Scott's site.

__Henry
;
;