Re: LYNX-DEV sending e-mail

From: Nelson Henry Eric
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV sending e-mail
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 18:38:15 +0900 (JST)

> can we change the [xxxx] control-Us to something reasonable like ^X?

If you're talking about `erase the line', isn't it already ^X (or ^U)?

                                 Lynx Line Editor Default Key Binding (p1 of 2)

                             +++DEFAULT BINDING+++

   Lynx invokes a built-in Line Editor for entering strings in response
   to prompts, in forms, and for email messages if an external editor has
   not been defined. Administrators can offer alternate key bindings by
   adding them in LYEditmap.c before compiling Lynx, and they can be
   selected via the 'o'ptions menu. This is the Default Binding:

     ENTER  Input complete       -  RETURN
     TAB    Input complete       -  TAB, Do
     ABORT  Input cancelled      -  Ctrl-G, Ctrl-O, Ctrl-C
     ERASE  Erase the line       -  Ctrl-U, Ctrl-X

It works as stated for me [lynx2-7 + fixes up to Feb 19].

__Henry