Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 05:05:32 -0500

> >     I'd consider merging to wwwlib5 as the highest priority.  It's
> > the biggest job on the list, I think, and will require major
> > restructuring of the Lynx code.  (For starters, can't we make all the
> > C code ANSI now, and forget about K&R C?)  Therefore, I think we
>
> A hearty second to that motion!

I myself recommend that we _not_ do this first.  I myself would like to
see the Windows and the Style patches in and 'published' before taking on
this behavior which might break things.  I would however like to see
incorporating the various language headers along with the Autoconfig
patches.  In this way, hopefully, we make it easier for folk to build
lynx the way it is today.  Get the smaller patches all out of the way,
THEN take on the big job.
;