Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)

From: T.E.Dickey
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx 3.0 (process)
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 05:46:38 -0500 (EST)

> > 3.  As to what gets integrated next, I don't see a clear answer.
> > If I had to guess it would be styles _a la_ RP or Configure.  But
>
>       I'd consider merging to wwwlib5 as the highest priority.  It's
possibly (I think that doing Configure first would save us work, but
I can work with either).

> the biggest job on the list, I think, and will require major
> restructuring of the Lynx code.  (For starters, can't we make all the
> C code ANSI now, and forget about K&R C?)  Therefore, I think we
That's reasonable -- to a point.  We've gone to a mixed approach for
tin & vile (ANSI prototypes, use 'const', stdarg.h -- but no # or ##
C preprocessor stuff, since it won't port to VAX C).  I'm able to build
with K&R compilers (at least on SunOS, HP-UX) using unproto (though on
HP-UX, the K&R compiler _still_ cannot build X applications).  In either
case, I use gcc for the normal builds; unproto is an option.

(I've some sketchy details about unproto under my tin & vile webpages)

--
Thomas E. Dickey
address@hidden