LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 07:57:15 -0500 (EST)

I've been thinking of ways we could improve our appearance as
an organization as well as handle the variety of "bug" messages
that show up on Lynx-Dev.  Sometimes I feel that questions by
novices or other problems are unanswered, or perhaps answered
by too many differing answers.

I personally don't have the time or knowledge to answer every
question.  What might be helpful is a tracking system that
would indicate the status of messages posted to the list.
The "service folk" who monitor this list could mark messages
as needing replies, as opposed to followups or code development
issues.  There would need to be a resolution code showing
several options, as in "upgrade to new version", "here's the
page of the FAQ that you need to read", "bug fixed", or
"outstanding."

I think the gnats mechanism may be a good tool for this, or
perhaps some type of web forum software (but w/o tables :-).

------

;
;