Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Al Gilman
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 11:49:17 -0500 (EST)

  From: Klaus Weide <address@hidden>

  On Fri, 28 Feb 1997, Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim) wrote:

  > I've been thinking of ways we could improve our appearance as
  > an organization as well as handle the variety of "bug" messages
  > that show up on Lynx-Dev.  Sometimes I feel that questions by
  > novices or other problems are unanswered, or perhaps answered
  > by too many differing answers.

and Klaus Weide responded:

                                                ...  I am not convinced
  the current system is broken.

and Al Gilman weighed in:

I understand the principle of "If 'taint broke, don't fix it."  On the
other hand, I think that the quality level with which we are delivering
this service bears looking at.  I suspect that there are doable things
that would make the service better and easier to deliver.

Gregory Rosmaita mentioned a similar urge to me recently.

Jim, if you would Web-post a whitepaper discussing what you think are
the issues and options here, I will read and comment on it.

--
Al Gilman

Ref: http://www.access.digex.net/~asgilman/lynx/plans/situation_2.html

;