LYNX-DEV Curses for lynx on linux

From: dave
Subject: LYNX-DEV Curses for lynx on linux
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 1997 13:44:49 +0500 (GMT+0500)

 Hi all,

 When i installed the lynx2.6 on a linux box, [1.2.13], it said fine, installed!
and also appears on the installed packages list.

when i invoke lynx on the command line, it curses me saying that

lynx: can't load library 'libcurses.so.3.0'

I searched for the above file. IT was not there any other package to be
installed to get this ?
there are some other files namely
                    libcurses.so.1.0.0
                    libcurses.so.1