Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Jonathan Sergent
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Sat, 01 Mar 1997 11:08:16 EST

+++ Al Gilman <address@hidden> (AG) writes:

 AG> I think that

 AG>    - the next upgrade to our customer-support empire would be
 AG>    to install an email auto-responder that dispenses a mini-FAQ
 AG>    and also passes the message along for manual review; and that the
 AG>    mailto: link at lynx.browser.org should pass messages to
 AG>    this auto-responder address.  This would deal with
 AG>    "where do I get the latest" at the leastest.

This would also hopefully get rid of the confused people who click
on the mailto: link .org or send 'c'omments without wanting to at
browser.org, and end up sending empty, confused, obscene, or otherwise
strange messages to the list.

It shouldn't dump too much on the unknowing user; instead a short list
pointers to other resources would be good.  Anything would be better
than directing them to a developers' mailing list.  I don't know that
"manual review" is needed if the message which is sent back includes
instructions for contacting the mailing list, but emphasizing that
most questions can be answered by reading (and re-reading) the online
help or the quasi-FAQ-lists.

Rather than talk about this, I'd offer to do it, but it really ought
to be on browser.org IMHO or we'll end up with lots of broken pointers
to other places as people move around.

--
Jonathan Sergent / address@hidden / address@hidden
;