Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 1997 20:29:52 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Klaus Weide wrote:

> I have uploaded a new version of combined development code to

> Changes to the previous version are addition of Fote's latest BUGFIX,
> changes from Wayne for Win32 (extensive changes only in LYMail.c) and
> some new makefiles from Wayne (also for compilation of the chartrans
> code), and minor tweaks of the chartrans patches for Win32 compilation
> (no functional differences there).

Thanks Klaus!  This makes the Win32 version almost fully functional in
comparison to the other ports.  I think the only big things missing are
non-blocking tcp calls, and a lack of slang support.

> ... nobody should rely on me continuing to merge the latest patches.

I think it is time for the next warm, ready and willing body to play with
the code, yes?  Personally I am really chafing at the bit to try Rob's
code with the Win32 port, but I would like to see it integrated "as Rob
sees fit" so I can work with it as intended.  I still have other fixes to
work out so I can wait for whom ever want to join in.

> If someone can set up a shared CVS repository or something like that, I
> am in favor of trying that.

I don't know much about this but I am game for anything that makes keeping
the tree current a less difficult task.

Wayne

By the way, Lynx for Win32 got:

5 ducks (Netscape and IE got 6) at NONAGS Web Browsers:

http://magnaworld.com/nonags/www32.html

And 3 out of 4 stars at freeware32.com:

http://www.freeware32.com/file/browsers3.htm

Word travels fast I guess, I only know about these because of the
increased web traffic and my webserver referrer stats.

;
;