LYNX-DEV Question on the "-source" option

From: Wai Man Fong
Subject: LYNX-DEV Question on the "-source" option
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 1997 18:57:22 -0800

Hi,
  I have a question on using lynx with the -source option. I am trying
to download GIF images using that option, for example,

  >lynx -source http://lynx.browser.org/lynxfriendly.gif > lf.gif

It returns the following error message,

  lynx: Can't access start file http://lynx.browser.org/lynxfriendly.gif

I tried the same command with a GIF file on the local machine, it
worked fine.

After a few more attempts, I concluded that the -source option works
fine with any file that is on my machine, but never work for any remote
file.

Can you please tell me what am I missing? I am runing lynx 2.4.2 on
linux 1.2.13 and Apache 1.2b4.

Sincerely,

Wai Man Fong

;