LYNX-DEV Bug in lynx v.2.6

From: Bill O'Neill
Subject: LYNX-DEV Bug in lynx v.2.6
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 1997 15:25:26 -0500 (EST)

I think I've found a bug in lynx v2.6.

If you have an INPUT field of type PASSWORD, the number of stars doesn't
match the number of characters input by a user. For example, with the
following HTML snippet:

<DL>
<DT><B>Surname/Last name</B>
        <DD><INPUT NAME="lastname" SIZE="20">
<DT><B>Last 4 digits of your ID Number</B>
        <DD><INPUT NAME="id" TYPE=PASSWORD SIZE="4">
</DL>

one would only see 3 stars even though they typed in 4 digits. This version
of lynx is running under Solaris 2.5.1. I also tried it with lynx v2.4.2 on
Digital Unix 4.0b and had worse results- I only see 2 stars when 4 digits
are input.

--

                        Bill O'Neill (address@hidden)
                          http://www.pobox.com/~woneill

    "World War III is a guerrilla information war, with no division between
    military and civilian participation."
                                          - Marshall McLuhan
;
;