Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Larry W. Virden, x2487
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 05:21:56 -0500

>    I have been wondering if Newsgroup based archives might be better for
>  lynx-dev.   The topic came up when things were first being installed.   A
>  dislike for the current viewer was given as one of the reasons they
>  didn't like it.  Threading is also not available in the current client,
>  so....
>
>I must admit I don't fully understand how this would work.  With
>mailto URLs on webbed mail, there is a full cycle of give-and-take
>that one can do in Lynx.
>
>If we have a private newsgroup that lives only on the FLORA server,
>would Lynx post to it?  Maybe not 'cuz of access via nntp: URL?

See <URL:nntp://genetics.upenn.edu/perl-porters.gw/> for an example
of how _I_ would llike to see it work.   Msgs appear as articles served
by a private nntp server.  Users whose mail readers can access things
in that manner can read the perl developement team's mailing list without
subscribing.  Lynx users also can read, and post, to this nntp server.
;