Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package

From: Wayne Buttles
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:04:17 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 4 Mar 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:

> On Mon, 3 Mar 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> A couple of other things I've noticed that the Win32 version needs are:

> as well as the ability to deal with just a filepath on the
> command line to be able to cope with drag-and-drop and spawning from
> editors such as Webber (i.e. lynx c:\test.html should assume you mean a
> local file, and not go through the lookup process).

That was planned, but I thought it trivial in my mind compared to
re-writing the TCP or getting slang working correctly.

> an awareness of DOS's funky backslash separator (file:///c:\test.html
> will crash lynx)

> Also, I haven't figured out any way to define an editor on the options
> screen that will actually work (I've tried 'notepad', 'notepad.exe',
> 'c:/windows/notepad.exe', etc.).

If possible, get my latest offering.  I think both should work for you,
although the latter only works if you use M$ command.com at the moment (If
I remember correctly).

> > By the way, Lynx for Win32 [got some attention on browser pages]

> Cool!  More exposure for Lynx which is part of what we wanted the Win/DOS
> ports for. :)

Yes, that was my thinking also.  The wider spread the usage is the more
people will think before doing something like use shockwave to display HD
jumper settings *huge sigh*

Wayne

;
;