LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare

From: Jason \"PsychoSy\" Sizemore
Subject: LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 08:25:45 -0500 (EST)

*thump* *thump*

I GOOFED!

I did the stupid thing of using the Lynx 2.6 autoconf file for Lynx 2.7!!

I deleted the whole thing and started over from scratch. Now, the only
trouble I have is when the executable is being created. See below for
yourself...

[snip]

cd src; make all CC="cc" MCFLAGS="-O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG \
-DCURS_PERFORMANCE -DNO_SIZECHANGE \
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4 -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0 \
-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE   -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE
-DOK_PERMIT  " \
LIBS="-lsocket -lnsl \
  " \
WWWLIB="../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a" \
SLANGLIB="-L/home/Titus/bin/lib -lslang -lm"
SLANGINC="-I/home/Titus/bin/include"
Compiling Lynx sources
Linking and creating Lynx executable
cc -O -DUNIX -DUSE_SLANG -DCURS_PERFORMANCE -DNO_SIZECHANGE
-I../WWW/Library/Implementation -DUTMPX_FOR_UTMP -DSVR4 -DTRUE=1 -DFALSE=0
-DNO_BCOPY -DUNIXWARE   -DOK_TAR -DOK_ZIP -DOK_GZIP -DOK_UUDECODE -DOK_OVERRIDE
-DOK_PERMIT   -I.. -I/home/Titus/bin/inc
lude -o lynx  LYClean.o LYShowInfo.o LYEdit.o LYStrings.o  LYMail.o HTAlert.o
GridText.o LYGetFile.o  LYMain.o LYMainLoop.o LYCurses.o LYBookmark.o LYUtils.o
 LYOptions.o LYReadCFG.o LYSearch.o LYHistory.o  LYForms.o LYPrint.o LYrcFile.o
LYDownload.o LYNe
ws.o LYKeymap.o  HTML.o HTFWriter.o HTInit.o DefaultStyle.o LYLocal.o
LYUpload.o  LYLeaks.o LYexit.o LYJump.o LYList.o LYCgi.o LYTraversal.o
LYEditmap.o LYCharSets.o LYCharUtils.o LYMap.o LYCookie.o
../WWW/Library/svr4/libwww.a -L/home/Titus/bin/lib -lsl
ang -lm -lsocket -lnsl
Copying Lynx executable into this directory
cp lynx ..
UX:cp: ERROR: Cannot complete write to ../lynx
*** Error code 2 (bu21)
$
$
$

[snip]

For some reason, it's trying to copy the executable in the ".."
directory. In the Makefile, I defined it to be copied to my
"/home/Titus/local/bin" directory. I don't know where it's getting the
".." directory from. Did I miss something??

Thanks in advance! =)

--Jason Sizemore--

[for the sake of others, my huge old signature file is on vacation]

;
;