Re: LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 09:27:55 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Jason "PsychoSy" Sizemore wrote:
> I did the stupid thing of using the Lynx 2.6 autoconf file for Lynx 2.7!!
>
> I deleted the whole thing and started over from scratch. Now, the only
> trouble I have is when the executable is being created. See below for
> yourself...

Since we've only started the autoconf recently, I'm not sure how
you have one for Lynx 2.6.  If you got patches from Tom Dickey,
please post to the list the date of that patch so we can better
tell what you're doing.

Have you followed all the steps to creating a "configure" version
of Lynx?  If you patch the lynx2-7 sources, you definitely need to
use the "makefile" that configure writes, rather than the "Makefile"
that comes with the distribution.

------
Don't feel you have to take any notice of me.

;
;