Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Lynx service desk
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 10:53:13 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, David Combs wrote:
> > From: address@hidden (Larry W. Virden, x2487)

> Also, what is all this about adding the final "/" in some
> lynx-situations?  It certainly makes no difference in
> this situation.

Well, here's one Fote taught me :-)

Most servers will send a redirect if what you're asking for is
a subdirectory that should have the trailing "/".  The redirect
is quick and painless, so you don't see it.  However, including
the trailing slash reduces load on both ends, so do it.

------
Don't feel you have to take any notice of me.

;
;