Re: LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare

From: Barry Rountree
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV RE: Compiling Lynx2.7 with slang on UnixWare
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 13:39:51 -0500 (EST)

> Copying Lynx executable into this directory
> cp lynx ..
> UX:cp: ERROR: Cannot complete write to ../lynx
> *** Error code 2 (bu21)
>
> --Jason Sizemore--

1)  Are the write permissions set?  (Probably, so...)
2)  You haven't run out of disk space at this point, have you?

Since cp is nice enough to give you an explicit error, you can probably do
        man cp

and find out what it's not liking.  The only other reason I've known cp
not to work (aside from a some horrible disk mounting problem) is a
pathname that's too long, but that's probably not it.

Barry Rountree
address@hidden
;
;