LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation

From: Roger Hill
Subject: LYNX-DEV Userdefs.h and Lynx.cfg consolidation
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 19:05:25 +0400 (GMT-4)

One of the projects I have been contemplating is the consolidation of
userdefs.h and lynx.cfg.  By this I mean that there are many options in
userdefs that "can be overridden in lynx.cfg".  That being so, then to my
mind there is no point in setting them in userdefs.

So...I want to move all the overridable stuff to the end of userdefs, and
maybe concentrate the stuff that HAS to be set in userdefs to the top.

Three questions...

1. is this a sensible idea?
2. if so, is the order of options in userdefs significant?
3. if an option is multiply defined in userdefs (by accident, say), which
   one takes precedence, the first or the last?

Any thoughts or comments welcome.