Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package

From: Hiram Lester, Jr.
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Latest merged code package
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 1997 22:00:54 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:

> On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Hiram Lester, Jr. wrote:
>
> > On Wed, 5 Mar 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:
> >
> > Re: DOS filenames in Win32 lynx.
> >
> > > That was planned, but I thought it trivial in my mind compared to
> > > re-writing the TCP or getting slang working correctly.
> >
> > I don't know if I would say it's trivial.  I'd put them all on about the
> > same level of importance.  I'd probably make slang a little lower
> > personally, but them's just personal preferences. :)
>
> You misunderstand me.  I meant trivial to implement, not less important.
> That was definately on the todo list.

Ah... sorry about that.  BTW, I checked your site, and the latest version
you had up was dated the 2nd which is the one I tried some of this stuff
with, and I still am unable to get any kind of editor to work from it
(console-mode or gui).  If you have it working, could you please post the
exact thing you typed in for editor on the options page?  I tried
'c:/command.com edit.com' with both forward and backward slashes, and all
I get is "Alert: Unable to access file!"