Re: LYNX-DEV one-screen help (English translation)

From: Alan Cox
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV one-screen help (English translation)
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 09:02:35 +0000 (GMT)

> Lynx 2.7
           ^^^^^^^^^Date/OS/Build info here if possible - it helps bughunting

Say

  Lynx 2.7 SSL GPM 19970504
> Copyright 1997 by [whoever; `the Univ. of Kansas and Contributors'? -- DS]
Sounds good to me
> <URL:http://lynx.browser.org/>
>
> I took out "version" because many feel it is an inappropriate term for
> in-process distributions/builds/makes/snapshots/patch levels.

They could say

Lynx 2.7dev development snapshot (DATE)

or similar

> Why no `(C)'? To have legal force, the term must be either spelled out in
> full or represented by a *capital* _C_ fully enclosed in a _circle_.

Please talk to a lawyer before trying to be one - its suprising what
matters. For most of the world no statement is even needed, the Berne
convention covers your rights. For a few countries (notably .za was one)
you want some form of statement. The statement recommended to us is

(C) Copyright 199x Foobar Ltd, All Rights Reserved.

Alan

;
;