LYNX-DEV Copyright statement

From: dski
Subject: LYNX-DEV Copyright statement
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:27:33 +0800

I wrote --

...and Alan Cox (address@hidden) responded --

> Please talk to a lawyer before trying to be one - its suprising what
> matters. For most of the world no statement is even needed, the Berne
> convention covers your rights. For a few countries (notably .za was one)
> you want some form of statement. The statement recommended to us is
>
> (C) Copyright 199x Foobar Ltd, All Rights Reserved.

I got my information in writing from a US-American lawyer I worked with.
The info was contained in a memo he sent to the company's tech writers
to make sure they printed copyright notices and such correctly. I've
seen the same info in other places, though I can't remember where.

The University of Chicago _Manual of Style_ states that printing both
the word and the symbol is redundant and only wastes space; either one
is sufficient by itself. If anyone ever needed to save space, it looks
like we will, if we are going to list UKans and other developers.

Dan Strychalski
address@hidden
;
;