LYNX-DEV Possible lynx bug

From: Jessica Perry Hekman
Subject: LYNX-DEV Possible lynx bug
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 15:05:05 -0500 ()

I'm on the webmaster alias for ora.com, and a user recently reported to
us something which he believed to be a problem on our site, but which I
now believe to be a problem with his browser (lynx 2.6). I could be
convinced that I'm wrong :)

Essentially, lynx was complaining about a badly formed address, but the
address (which was generated by excite) appears to me to be just fine. The
address is of the form "http://some.site.com/excite-engine?arguments";. You
can reproduce the problem by visiting www.ora.com/catalog/search.html,
entering some search term, and trying to follow the first of the three
links returned per hit (the one marked simply LINK when viewed with lynx,
but a thumbnail graphic with a graphical browser).

Hope this is helpful.

--
Jessica Perry Hekman, Online Developer
O'Reilly and Associates