Re: LYNX-DEV Possible lynx bug

From: Jim Spath (Webmaster Jim)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV Possible lynx bug
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 18:56:32 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Wayne Buttles wrote:
> On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Christopher R. Maden wrote:
> >    Linkname: [LINK]
> >    Filename:
> >          AT-CatalogIndexsearch.cgi?doc=d60&searchpage=http://www.ora.com
> >          /catalog/search.html
> The problem is with the & in the URL.  It is supposed to be translated
> into %26 to be legal.  Lynx2.6 may have been strict on this and 2.7 was
> made lax to compensate for bad URLs.  I am basing this on memory, but I
> believe this is all correct.

Just for the record, I was the whiner :-)

I think it would benefit those users unable to upgrade to the very
latest version of Lynx if webmasters made their pages work correctly
with fairly recent versions, particularly if the Lynx "workaround"
allows illegal urls.  But I will whine to my system admins to upgrade,
in any case.

------
Oh, fine, if you happen to like being me which personally I don't.

;
;