Re: LYNX-DEV slang

From: Jason \"PsychoSy\" Sizemore
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV slang
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 01:53:35 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Michael Plump wrote:

> I compiled lynx with slang, but haven't seen any color yet.  The
> possibility that I compiled it wrong is moderately high since I am only
> and intermediate UNIX user, but what should I be looking for?

> Michael Plump   ++  address@hidden  ++   address@hidden
> "We are dancing right now, so not very much is being served at the moment."
>                                               --orbital.hurrah.com webpage

When executing Lynx, use the `-color' command line. For example my Lynx
is located in my `local/bin' directory. When I want to use it, I type the
following at the unix prompt:

$ /home/Titus/local/bin/lynx -color

After that, you should be getting color.

I had the same problem when I first compiled lynx. I thought "Where's the
color???" Then someone told me to use the `-color' command line and bingo.
And I have been using Unix for about a year so I'm as about as advanced
in Unix as you. Tricky at first but once you get the hang of it... =)

Hope that helps!

--Jason Sizemore--

;
;