Re: LYNX-DEV slang

From: Scott McGee (Personal)
Subject: Re: LYNX-DEV slang
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 1997 01:23:28 -0700

"Jason \"PsychoSy\" Sizemore" <address@hidden> writes:

>On Fri, 7 Mar 1997, Michael Plump wrote:
>
>> I compiled lynx with slang, but haven't seen any color yet.  The
>> possibility that I compiled it wrong is moderately high since I am only
>> and intermediate UNIX user, but what should I be looking for?
>
>When executing Lynx, use the `-color' command line.

An alternative to using the -color command line switch is to set the
Environment Variable COLORTERM to your term.

An additional complication is that you must be running a terminal program
that will handle color. XTerm on my solaris system did NOT. I had to install
rxvt and use that. I have the Environment Variable COLORTERM set to rxvt
(setenv COLORTERM rxvt) and use rxvt instead of telnet or XTerm, so I can
just type "lynx" at the command line to get color. (Note that is seems that
some XTerm versions on some systems DO support color. Mine and many others
do not.)

Scott

Scott McGee: Salt Lake Community College Webmaster | When in danger,